Sales Excellence International is seeking a highly-accomplished and professionally driven individual to join us in the role of Independent Sales Director selling on-site and virtual sales training engagements as well as a variety of web-based sales empowerment media and applications.
Sales Excellence has helped hundreds of companies on six continents achieve breakthrough sales results by solving specific sales problems through highly-customized sales training and reinforcement solutions. Every Sales Excellence project is a partnership defined by the client’s unique business challenges and aimed at achieving their specific sales goals and objectives.
The right candidate will have substantial experience working as a remote individual contributor, ideally as an independent contractor, typically in a home-office environment without supervision. This is a commission-only, 1099 sales position with no cap on earning potential. Expected yearly income will vary based on your performance but can quite realistically reach multi-six-figure commissions. One unique perk will be representing and working along side world-renown authors and thought leaders on the selling profession.
To excel in this position, you must be a self-starter with a very strong work ethic, able to work independently, and have a thorough understanding of B2B sales and complex buying processes working with a variety of executive stakeholders.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 8 years of proven sales performance consistently achieving and exceeding aggressive sales goals and a track record of earning six-figure-plus commissions
- Expert-level diagnostic questioning and listening skills and a consultative approach to solving customer problems
- Extensive experience penetrating and navigating complex corporate organizations to identify and earn access to key influencers and approvers
- Deep understanding of and experience facilitating complicated customer evaluation, selection, buying, and approval processes
- Strong closing and negotiation skills identifying and overcoming customer objections and bringing opportunities to closure
- Business acumen across a wide range of industries and verticals
- Experience working with national and multi-national corporations operating in a wide variety of times zones to accommodate global customers with broadly distributed sales teams
- Self-driven, disciplined professional who demonstrates resilience when faced with obstacles
- Superb written, organizational, presentation, and time management skills
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office required. Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
- Develop a deep understanding of Sales Excellence solutions and articulate the value proposition
- Identify new revenue opportunities through prospecting activities including outbound calls
- Research organizations and individuals online to identify new leads, key decision-makers, and potential clients
- Manage your lead pipeline, qualify and nurture sales prospects, and develop your sales funnel
- Manage contracting, the negotiation process, and bring business to closure