Sales Excellence Core Methodology™
Sales Excellence Core Methodology imparts the concepts and philosophies from the bestselling book Think Like Your Customer as the foundation to our sales training curriculum. This program presents the fundamental selling skills and provides a common language and powerful set of tools that sales teams use to dramatically increase their productivity and results.
This program focuses on the foundation of superior selling skills, success factors, the customer buying process and how to qualify and manage a sales pipeline.
- Understand, measure, and manage the four factors that determine your revenue results
- Learn the stages and players in the customer buying process.
- Create a Customer Results Plan to drive the customer through their buying process.
- Determine and build relationships with influencers and approvers. Understand what they value and what drives them to make decisions.
- Learn the criteria-based qualification process based on the ten elements of why customers buy.
- Manage each opportunity in the pipeline to close on time.
- Learn how to prevent and overcome objections.
Two Day On-Site Workshop or Eight Module eWorkshop Series
1. Think Like Your Customer
- Learning to think like your customer
- The Customer Results Model (ABC)
- Selling results instead of products and services
- The diagnostic approach to selling
- Crafting effective diagnostic questions
Sales Tool: Targeted Diagnostic Questions
3. Expanding Your Relationship Footprint
- Why sell higher and wider?
- Roles involved in a complex buying process
- The changing dynamics of a buying process
- Six tactics for selling higher and wider
- Developing a relationship plan
Sales Tool: Relationship Planning Tool
5. Sales Qualification and Forecasting
- Understanding the six action drivers
- The ten elements of why customers buy
- The ten elements of how customers buy
- Scoring opportunities for forecast probability
- Forecasting with confidence and integrity
Sales Tool: Opportunity Scorecard
7. Structuring & Closing Sales Opportunities
- Framing sales opportunities in time
- Reverse-engineering the buying process
- Creating a Customer Results Plan
- The value of using a Customer Results Plan
- Trouble-shooting sales opportunities
Sales Tool: Customer Results Plan
9. Targeted Prospecting & Business Development
- Territory marketing vs. targeted prospecting
- Selecting target accounts and using revolving list
- Target account research and preparation
- Designing a Multi-Pronged Approach Pattern
- Creating your business development plan
Sales Tool: 30-Day Business Development Plan
11. The “Advanced Basics” of Sales Negotiation
- The precursors of effective negotiation
- The six “advanced basics” of sales negotiation
- Trading profit for profit: The “negotiables”
- Maintaining control of sales negotiations
- Negotiating planning and preparation
Sales Tool: Negotiating Planning Worksheet
2. Selling Business Value and Results
- The six truths of value
- The ten major denominations of value
- Translating capabilities into value
- How customers perceive value
- Translating value across the enterprise
Sales Tool: Results Inventory Template
4. Facilitating Your Customer’s Buying Process
- The sales process – redefined
- Selling with specific intent: The four questions
- Aligning with your customer’s buying process
- Hypothetical questioning of the buying process
- Mapping your customer’s buying process
Sales Tool: Buying Process Mapping Tool
6. Sales Strategy & Opportunity Management
- Establishing a competitive sales strategy
- Identifying competitive threats
- Neutralizing competitive threats
- Keeping your sales opportunities moving
- Developing a strategic sales call plan
Sales Tool: Strategic Pre-Call Planner
8. Maximizing Portfolio (Pipeline) Performance
- The four metrics of revenue growth
- Increasing deal quantity
- Maximizing deal size
- Accelerating deal velocity
- Improving deal predictability
Sales Tool: Portfolio Performance Planner
10. Time Management for Sales Professionals
- Where are we “investing” our time?
- Aligning activities to priorities
- Compartmentalizing your work week
- Making time for planning and organization
- Taking control of your work week
Sales Tool: Weekly Planning Template
12. Strategic Key Account Development
- Taking inventory of your territory and accounts
- Segmenting your territory and account-base
- Measuring customer outcomes and results
- Growing your account share (share of spend)
- Conducting the Quarterly Business Review
Sales Tool: Quarterly Business Review Planning
- A three-day, customized, on-site program with interactive discussions, small group exercises and tailored role plays. A two-day program includes any eight modules of your choice.
- An intense, one-day program as a perfect addition to a sales kick-off meeting.
- An instructor-led web series consisting of twelve, one-hour modules to groups of any size at a frequency that makes sense for your team.
- Become certified to teach this program through our Train the Trainer program.