Selling to C-Level and VP-Level Executives™
Selling to VP and C-Level executives can be challenging. But for anyone who’s up for the challenge, the rewards can be amazing! Learning to sell higher and wider within accounts will help you:
- Grow your average deal size
- Accelerate your customer’s buying process
- Close more business at higher margins!
This program creates a path for success in selling to executives and teaches participants how to:
- Get past gate keepers and learn the five key strategies to get to the hard-to-reach- executive.
- Identify the executive’s key business challenges.
- Identify business drivers and corporate objectives that you can impact.
- Create a rock-solid value proposition.
- Position your offerings as solutions that deliver specific, measurable business results.
- Demonstrate specific domain expertise and business acumen by speaking like an executive.
- Prepare and deliver a world-class sales presentation that is worthy of executive audiences.
- Obtain executive sponsorship for the discovery process and a commitment to act on the findings.
- Establish a joint plan for a process of mutual discovery and a shared definition of success.
- Earn trust and build long-term executive relationships.
Three-Day, On-Site Workshop or Twelve Module eWorkshop Series
1. Engaging Customers at the Executive Level
- The challenge of selling to the executive level
- Bottom up vs. top down buying process
- The role executives play in the buying process
- When and how executives want to be involved
- How, when, why to engage an executive
Sales Tool: Executive Buying Roles Assessment
3. Linking Your Solutions to Executive-Level Goals
- How executives perceive value and risk
- Developing your business vocabulary
- Linking your solutions to executive-level goals
- Crafting executive-level business solutions
- Translating value across the enterprise
Sales Tool: Business Value Hierarchy Worksheet
5. Approaching the Executive Level Directly
- Approaching the executive directly
- Executive-level networking and referrals
- Leveraging peer-to-peer executive introductions
- Crafting your executive-level approach
- Diagnostic questioning at the executive level
Sales Tool: Executive Approach Plan
7. Obtaining Executive-Level Sponsorship
- Establishing a shared definition of “success”
- Positioning and proposing your solution
- Demonstrating the “linkage” between your solutions and executive-level business goals and initiatives
- Obtaining executive-level sponsorship
Sales Tool: Executive Alignment Worksheet
9. Developing an Executive-Level Business Case
- Demystifying return on investment
- Ways that return on investment can be calculated
- Developing return on investment projections
- Constructing an ROI analysis and business case
- Leveraging your business case at the executive level
Sales Tool: Executive Business Case Template
11. Closing Business at the Executive Level
- Staying engaged at the executive level
- Keeping the executive involved in the process
- Developing momentum in the buying process
- Trouble-shooting the buying process
- Using the Customer Results Plan
Sales Tool: Customer Results Plan Template
2. Speaking the Language of the Senior Executive
- Executive-level roles and responsibilities
- The world of the CEO/Managing Director
- The world of the Finance Executive (CFO)
- The world of the Operations Executive (COO)
- The world of the IT Executive (CIO)
Sales Tool: Executive Language Worksheet
4. Earning Access to the Executive Level
- Why do we need to access the executive level?
- Selling your way to the VP and C-Level
- 6 strategies to access the executive level
- 6 techniques to get past gatekeepers
- Becoming worthy of an executive audience
Sales Tool: Executive Access Plan
6. Conducting Effective Executive-Level Meetings
- Preparing for your VP or C-Level meeting
- Objectives of your first executive-level meeting
- How to facilitate executive-level conversations
- Understanding executive-level business goals
- Delivering “challenging” questions
Sales Tool: Executive Meeting Planner
8. Understanding Financial Statements
- Exploring the three major financial statements
- The Profit and Loss Statement (P&L)
- The Balance Sheet
- The Statement of Cash Flows
- Leveraging financial statements in selling
Sales Tool: Financial Statement Analysis Worksheet
10. Presenting to the Executive Level
- The time and place for an executive presentation
- The goals of an executive-level presentation
- The structure of an effective executive presentation
- Creating alignment and gaining commitment
- Leveraging the Executive Presentation Template
Sales Tool: Executive Presentation Template
12. Managing Accounts at the Executive Level
- Fostering executive-level relationships
- Leveraging your executive management team
- Adding ongoing value at the executive level
- Strategic partnering at the executive level
- Establishing regular executive-level briefings
Sales Tool: Executive-Level Briefing Planning
- A three-day, customized, on-site program with interactive discussions, small group exercises and tailored role plays.A two-day program includes any eight modules of your choice.
- An instructor-led web series consisting of twelve, one-hour modules to groups of any size at a frequency that makes sense for your team.
- An intense, one-day program as a perfect addition to a sales kick-off meeting (four modules of your choice).
- Become certified to teach this program through our Train the Trainer program.