Selling to C-Level and VP-Level Executives™
Not all decision making is the same. Selling to executives requires an understanding of their unique set of business values, and the ability to gain access at that level. Selling to C-Level and VP-Level Executives teaches you how to reach, relate to, sell to, and build business relationships with the CEO, CFO, COO, and other senior executives. This program presents proven techniques to get through to executives, engage them using their language, create business cases to justify the investment in your solutions, and build executive relationships you can leverage to orchestrate a bullet-proof sales campaign.
This program creates a path for success in selling to executives and teaches participants how to:
- Get past gate keepers and learn the five key strategies to get to the hard-to-reach- executive.
- Identify the executive’s key business challenges.
- Identify business drivers and corporate objectives that you can impact.
- Create a rock-solid value proposition.
- Position your offerings as solutions that deliver specific, measurable business results.
- Demonstrate specific domain expertise and business acumen by speaking like an executive.
- Prepare and deliver a world-class sales presentation that is worthy of executive audiences.
- Obtain executive sponsorship for the discovery process and a commitment to act on the findings.
- Establish a joint plan for a process of mutual discovery and a shared definition of success.
- Earn trust and build long-term executive relationships.
Two Day On-Site Workshop or Eight Module eWorkshop Series
1. The World of the C-Level Executive
- Executive-level roles and responsibilities
- The world of the CEO/Managing Director
- The world of the Finance Executive
- The world of the Operations Executive
- The world of the IT Executive
Sales Tool: Executive Responsibilities Worksheet
3. Executive Roles in Buying Process
- The “bottom up” vs. “top down” buying process
- The role executives play in the buying process
- When and how executives want to be involved
- How to engage at the executive level
- Making the executive’s buying role easier
Sales Tool: Executive Buying Roles Assessment
5. Effective Meetings at the Executive Level
- Preparing for your VP or C-Level meeting
- Goals and objectives of your first VP or C-Level meeting
- How to facilitate executive-level conversations
- Understanding executive-level business goals
- Phrasing and delivering “challenging” questions
Sales Tool: Executive Meeting Planner
7. The Executive-Level Presentation
- The right time and place for an executive presentation
- The goals and objectives of an executive presentation
- The structure of an effective executive presentation
- Creating alignment and gaining commitment
- Leveraging the Executive Presentation Template
Sales Tool: Executive Presentation Template
2. Speaking the Language of the VP and C-Level
- How executives perceive value and risk
- Developing your business vocabulary
- Linking your solutions to executive-level goals
- Crafting executive-level business solutions
- Translating value across the enterprise
Sales Tool: Executive Value and Risk Matrix
4. Accessing the Executive Level
- Why do we need to access the executive level?
- Selling your way to the VP and C-Level
- 6 major strategies to access the executive level
- 6 techniques for earning your way past gatekeepers
- Becoming worthy of an executive-level audience
Sales Tool: Executive Access Plan
6. Obtaining Executive-Level Sponsorships
- Establishing a shared definition of “success”
- Positioning and proposing your solution
- Demonstrating the “linkage” between your solutions and executive-level business goals and initiatives
- Obtaining executive-level sponsorship
Sales Tool: Executive Alignment Worksheet
8. Closing Business at the Executive Level
- Staying engaged at the executive level
- Keeping the executive involved int he process
- Developing momentum in the buying process
- Trouble-shooting the buying process
- Using the Customer Results Plan at the executive level
Sales Tool: Customer Results Plan Template
Any of the following modules may be substituted for any of modules 5, 6, 7, or 8 above. These four modules can also be added to the eight above to create a comprehensive three day on-site workshop or twelve module eLearning curriculum.
9. Executive-Level Business Development
- Approaching the executive directly
- Executive-level networking and referrals
- Leveraging peer-to-peer executive introductions
- Crafting your executive-level approach
- Diagnostic questioning at the executive level
Sales Tool: Executive Approach Plan
11. Understanding Financial Statements
- Exploring the three major financial statements
- The Profit & Loss Statement (P&L)
- The Balance Sheet
- The Statement of Cash Flows
- How to leverage financial statements in selling
Sales Tool: Financial Statement Analysis Worksheet
10. Demystifying Return on Investment
- Defining return on investment
- Ways to calculate return on investment
- Developing return on investment projections
- Presenting a return on investment analysis
- Leveraging return on investment information
Sales Tool: Return on Investment Models
12. Executive-Level Account Management
- Fostering executive-level relationships
- Leveraging your executive management team
- Adding ongoing value at the executive level
- Strategic partnering at the executive level
- Establishing regular executive-level briefings
Sales Tool: Executive-Level Briefing Planning
- A two-day, customized, on-site program with interactive discussions, small group exercises and custom-tailored role plays.
- An instructor led web series consisting of twelve, one-hour modules to groups of any size at a frequency that makes sense for your team.
- An intense, one-day program as a perfect addition to a sales kick-off meeting.